1. A new bibliography, Children’s Advocacy Centers -The Literature, has been added to CALiO’s Professional Bibliography series. This bibliography provides information on over 130 publications of research either about or conducted in conjunction with Children’s Advocacy Centers (CACs) and similar organizations founded upon the core CAC model. The bibliography is provided in two versions: publications listed by date and publications listed by topic
2. Interventions to improve the response of professionals to children exposed to domestic violence and abuse: A systematic review
3. Childhood maltreatment and adolescent sexual risk behaviors: Unique, cumulative and interactive effects
Enter the titles in the CALiO™Collections search box.
Two new bibliographies, Culture and Diversity Issues in Forensic Interviews of Children and Fantastic Elements in Children’s Disclosures have been added to CALiO’s Professional Bibliographies series.
Both are in the Forensic Interviewing section.
Complex Trauma: In Urban African-American Children, Youth, and Families
Executive function as a mediator in the link between single or complex trauma and posttraumatic stress in children and adolescents
When Traumatic Stressors are Not Past, But Now: Psychosocial Treatment to Develop Resilience with Children and Youth Enduring Concurrent, Complex Trauma
The trauma of commercial sexual exploitation of youth: A comparison of CSE victims to sexual abuse victims in a clinical sample
To read any of these publications enter the titles in the CALiO™Collections search box.
1. Secondary Traumatic Stress in Child Welfare Practice: Trauma-Informed Guidelines for Organizations
2. Clinician Responses to Client Traumas: A Chronological Review of Constructs and Terminology
3. Secondary Traumatic Stress, Burnout, and Compassion Satisfaction in a Sample of Spoken-Language Interpreters
4. Child protection workers dealing with child abuse: The contribution of personal, social and organizational resources to secondary traumatization
To access these publications log in with your CAC login or contact the librarian.
CALiO’s new Prevention Resource page provides direct links to research, fact sheets, training opportunities, and more.
As a Matter of Fact: Adolescent Disclosure of Sexual Abuse has been added to CALiO’s collection of fact sheets.
A new bibliography to the literature on documenting the forensic interview has been added to CALiO’s™ Professional Bibliography series under the Forensic Interview heading.
The Vicarious Trauma Toolkit is a a state-of-the-art repository of nearly 500 resources compiled to assist victim services and first responder agencies and organizations in raising awareness about and addressing vicarious trauma.
Find this and many more resources and publications addressing Vicarious Trauma/Secondary Traumatic Stress in CALiO’s Vicarious Trauma section.
1. Field Guide to Family Advocacy
2. The relationship between childhood sexual abuse and mental health outcomes among males: Results from a nationally representative United States sample
Enter their titles in the CALiO™Collections search box.
A new publication from Pediatrics, Care of the Adolescent after Acute Sexual Assault.
Enter the title in the CALiO™Collections search box.